Has anyone else gone Hampton Court Palace crazy? Maybe not yet if you live outside of the UK, but inside we (I'm speaking on behalf of all UK citizens here) have!
On Monday, Dan and I decided to take the day off work to supposedly recover from camping at Love Supreme. Which, by the way, was awesome despite the bad weather something that is almost always part of any UK festival. I don't want to give too much away as I'll write it up soon, but Earth, Wind and Fire still know how to groove definitely my favourite act of the weekend, and I had the best BBQ meat of my life (sorry Dan's dad) if you are in the area El Gaucho or Gaucho BBQ are at Bristol Harbourside's Foodie Festival this weekend so go, eat and thank me later. However, we didn't camp at the festival because we could go home and I am a creature of comfort or a comfort monster whatever you prefer.
So not camping, left us with a very open day ahead so we decided to go to Hampton Court Palace and explore the house and gardens. I'll share our visit and a great place to stop for lunch nearby shortly. What I didn't realise when we turned up was that we were a day early for the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show! One day! Granted Tuesday is for members only but still! Anyway owing to my disappointment at missing the flower show, I have been avidly watching it on the BBC and pinning many botanic beauties on pinterest.
And now I find I'm faced with a real problem having seen the hedgehog friendly garden and one of my adopted foxes just run past the window. Will I encourage foxes or hedgehogs into my garden? As Dan has said we can't do both without creating a death trap or buying several acres of land.
2. This print by The Painted Arrow sums up what I feel most flowering spaces project or maybe it's just who I'm with in those spaces. Pinned via P.S I Adore You which is a shop run by three mums where the proceeds go to children battling cancer. A very worthy cause.
3. Great for the summer and definitely a way to incorporate flowers into your life long after summer ends.
4. Want to incorporate modern floral into your wedding, well look no further than this cake found on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings photographed by Binky Nixon. I wish I could go to this wedding 'carnival' but I'm not engaged so would any engaged ladies like to ask me along?
5. How many textures are in this bouquet found on Style Me Pretty. Stunning images by Manstrom Photography.
6. Lord, give me the patience to make my nails this pretty like Wondrously Polished.
7. I saw someone with this skirt waiting outside Camden station and have idolised it ever since plus it's in tall!
8. Aren't these pansy shortbreads by Stone Gable too pretty to eat, course they're not, nothing is! But these come close.