I'm having a bit of a culture shock after coming back from holiday on Friday.
If you follow me on Instagram you'll already be aware that I have been in the Isle of Skye in Scotland for the last week and a bit. And I can certainly say I have some partial holiday blues from returning and there are a few minor gripes; not having fresh local and foraged food everyday, not having people stop and ask how we are while we're out walking and, the main one, the bad weather on returning home. Let the truth be known, it did not rain once while we were in Scotland. In fact every day was sunny and gorgeous. We had some absolutely amazing walks and experiences, which I can't wait to share with you very soon (SPOILER: we saw a minke whale...and a sea eagle!!).
So yes it's fair to say I'm struggling to adapt back into city life, but it's ok I'm trying to bring Skye to me. For example, today I said hello to all the people (the smiley ones) I saw on the way into town, I bought local strawberries in the supermarket and some mackerel, I waved at the builders on our road, and I've been indoors pinning Summer beauties all day. But that's ok too because we're going to have an Indian Summer right? Any minute now? At least I really hope so!
So if you, like me, are clinging to Summer for dear life, why don't you get lost in these Indian Summer pins, at least for the length of this post!rainbow tasselled tote bag from Accessorize to make every weekend feel like a weekend away.
2. Pull up a chair and let's make a honeyed cocktail with this Indian Summer styled bar cart from SF Girl By Bay.
3. For anyone who follows blogs and likes cake, if you don't follow The Cake Blog this gold sequin cake should push you to follow them! Cake by Jenna Rae Cakes. Styling by Ashley Nicole. Photography by Brittany Mahood Photography.
4. Feel like an Indian princess for the day or night, or for work (!) with these pretty purple stone and gold fan drop earrings from Oliver Bonas.
5. This pink and gold paisley scatter cushion by Julia Brendel for Not On The High Street would look great scattered on my bed, might have to wait till I am a princess for it though!
6. Brittany behind The House That Lars Built has teamed up with Twig New York to create this beautiful petal dinnerware, it's not available to the public yet but hopefully it will be soon for some last minute Indian Summer dining.
7. I finally got round to looking at all the posts of the people I follow on bloglovin and these lanterns by Thuss + Farrell for Oh Joy have got me dreaming of garden soirées.
8. This embroidered top from Miss Selfridge is needed for every occasion.